Creative Design Project Manager – Job Description
Job Title: Creative Design Project Manager (CPDM)
Reports To: Creative Design Manager (CDM)
To deliver the creative design output required by Field and the Resolution Interiors (RI) new business department, in collaboration with external resources.
Key Tasks and Responsibilities:
- Deliver creative design output, autonomously and alongside external resource where applicable, for environmental schemes for multiple prospective and new business Field and RI clients. Manage creative projects within agreed deadlines and budget.
- Work with internal stakeholders to deliver design projects specific to our existing, house account clients. Prepare technical drawings alongside the development of 3D visualisation and supporting presentation documents.
- Work closely with the RI operational Project Managers and Project Coordinators, as well as external contractors, agencies, designers as required on each project to transfer information, designs, ideas and concepts. Aid aspects like materials and product sourcing, manufacture and procurement of bespoke, non-standard and standard elements. This will include but not limited to provision of artwork, visuals, renders etc.
- Work closely with the RI Technical Design team to interface creative designs into technical drawings as required and directed. (Including for projects that are not your responsibility to produce).
- In alignment with the CDM, engage with external suppliers on creation and production (2D/3D visualisers, technicians, renderers, graphic designers etc). Plot upcoming pipeline of work and discuss any additional requirements with the CDM to ensure external resource is effectively relationship managed through to delivery.
- Develop robust relationships directly with retail and commercial clients, relative to own workstream, to ensure the highest levels of service delivery and project execution. Play an active part in client presentations/meetings, as well as associate companies, to determine design project objectives, goals, and intentions.
- Create outstanding presentation material relative to client needs. Use creative inspiration to produce concept designs, generate ideas and collate information and concepts (mood boards, images, sample boards, renders, production of concept documentation and any other required presentation materials, samples etc.).
- Be proactive in maintaining a strong knowledge of the market place and current trends. Be externally focused and aware of shopper experience innovation. Explore/understand consumer market knowledge to fuel design creatives with the latest insights. Attend design and/or interior specific exhibitions and events.
- Provide insights to the RI Marketing Team to support the creation of updates and the ongoing upkeep and development of all company digital collateral (e-blasts, e-zines/web, social media platforms; such as Pinterest boards, twitter, blogs, Linked In, Facebook, twitter).
- Lead on personal development activities such as researching competitor activity, reading design blogs, online magazines, books, industry news and attending trade fairs, exhibitions and any appropriate training courses and software updates.
- Follow and comply with all policies and procedures of Resolution Interiors which includes the Health and Safety procedures, ensuring personal safety and the safe guarding of the interests and safety of all staff, visitors, and contractors.
- Ensure a contribution and adherence to delivering the quality and information security policies and systems across the business
- Keep abreast of changes to regulations and legislation and ensure that these are reflected in working practices and procedures.
- Uphold the values of Resolution Interiors Ltd.
- Carry out other duties relevant to your post as reasonably required by management.
- Degree in creative design, interiors design, interior architecture or similar
- Valid UK driving licence
- Experience of working in the retail or commercial interiors industry – either in a design practice or in house with a retailer
- Experience working with spatial and store planning
- Ability to use Adobe Photoshop, InDesign, Illustrator, AutoCAD, Sketch Up
- Ability to work well under pressure, maintaining a flexible and agile approach to priorities/ workload, able to switch up at pace
- Impeccable communication and presentation skills in both written and verbal format
- Creative, innovative, and inspiring individual
- Passionate about working and helping to grow and emerging design agency
- Formal training in Adobe Creative Suite, AutoCAD, Sketch Up
- Experience in an architectural practice or product design practice
- Sound knowledge of Microsoft Office
- Prior experience using SAGE accounting software
- A hunger to learn (PDP and to aid organisational offering)